Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pesticide Free Dog House


We try really hard to avoid using chemicals in our home - for our own health and for the health of our furkids.

But I hate bugs and have a zero-tolerance policy in my house when it comes to them.

So I asked my friend Karina - who is very German and why, as she will tell you, her house boarders on immaculant. Karina recommended this product Diatomaceous Earth. She said it was a powder you could dust on the dogs to get rid of fleas and "It's so safe you can eat it", she said.

Eat it? I had to check this out.

https://www.earthworkshealth.com/

I am a hard sell. I don't buy into gimmicks or schemes.
But this stuff was cheap and I thought well, what the hell, what do I have to lose?
And it's supposed to get rid of cholesterol which I could really use as mine is border-line high.

So I ordered some.

After the flood we were under attack of red ants. They were everywhere. And I really, really hate them because those bastards bite.

So I started sprinkling them with the Diatomaceous Earth powder and they died just like the website promised.
I sprinkled a perimeter around my house and we have not had any in the house since.

I have not tried it for flea control yet, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who will have a problem with little bugs this summer. They come with the season. And if you're looking for a safe alternative I would strongly recommend this stuff. It's cheap, it works and it won't hurt your kids.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never heard of this, but anything pesticide free sounds great. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete