Friday, March 12, 2010

Giving Thanks


Two years ago Joey and I adopted Haleigh Anne from Krystle and Cameron (aka Memphis Pit Bull Safe Haven). They were a couple just like us trying to help get pitties off the streets and into good homes. Haleigh was part of an entire litter they saved from a back-yard breeder. But she was only one of countless they helped.
We fell in love with Krystle and Cameron and traveled to Memphis as often as we could to help out with events they were at.
Their passion and love for the dogs was contagious and I knew that one day I would have to have my own rescue.
Memphis Pit Bull Safe Haven is no longer around, but the good they brought into this world is still very much alive through those they touched with their selflessness and kindness for a breed that truly deserves saving.
Joey and I still wear out MPBSH hoodies with pride all the time - especially when out on volunteer work - and love to tell the story of the adoption of our love Haleigh Anne.
I thank you Krystle and Cameron and pray one day our paths cross again.
God bless you and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment